Monday, June 15, 2020

Review: Ral Partha Europe's Map Sheet Pack

Hi!

Excitingly my order arrived from the most excellent RAL PARTHA EUROPE this morning containing the map sheet pack that I ordered last week!

For £10 you get ten random map sheets taken from the Battletech Map Packs 1, 2 and Solaris VII sets and I was really pleased to get a good random selection.


The Maps arrived in a super sturdy box so didn't get crumpled by delivery peeps (which I have had happen before from other companies with rulebooks getting shoved through doors only to bend edges on the floor as the jiffy bag they'd been in wasn't up to the job).

The maps themselves are in perfect condition but the printing of them is showing its age as there are a couple of the maps look a wee bit blurry but for the price, I won't complain. I had been a bit cautious about ordering initially as I wasn't sure I wanted any Arena themed mapsheets, instead wanting more battlefield type terrain but then I thought that as my campaign is set in Canopian space, a society that excelled at entertainment, it wouldn't be too unusual to see mech arena combat!


I'm really pleased with my order from Ral Partha Europe and would heartily recommend them to anyone. I was surprised to find that I'd not ordered anything from them in several years which I may have to remedy moving forward.


I'm hoping to give them a bit of a try out tomorrow with a meeting engagement between Wilson's Hussars and Red's Marauders who are out for vengeance following their defeat and leaders capture by the mercenaries some weeks back.


I must admit that I'm especially pleased that I got one of the original map sheets amongst the selection as it's the one I remember from my old 3rd edition boxed set. I'll need to get them flattened out a bit but I'm looking forward to playing some old school Battletech!


The eagle eyed amongst you may have noticed the Goliath mech on each of the pics. It along with it's pilot will be making the odd cameo appearance in the campaign I'm putting together and I'm interested to see how a quad mech copes against more nimble opposition.

In the meantime, All the best!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Many thanks! The old map sheets are rather good value for money and there's a real retro charm to them.

      Delete